As a big open source fan I found this bit of news very interesting;
Specs can be found here http://www.apertus.org/en/elphelcamera
Apertus will also release an open source raw-image processing tool called Open Cine.
- Import Footage from Camera over network (FTP Transfer to backup location)
- Import Footage from local drive
- Preview Footage in real-time (GPU based raw debayering at full/reduced resolution [Reduced resolution equates to better playback performance])
- View(all) / Edit(some) Metadata
- Set IN/OUT points in footage
- Apply color relevant RAW transformations (Whitebalance, Exposure, Curves, etc.)
- Save/Load color transformation presets to/from File.
- Adjustments are preserved in a XMP file that stays with the original unaltered footage.
- Compare Color transformations (Presets A,B,C; split screen, etc.)
- Live Histogram/Vectorscope
- Batch Export RAW footage between IN/OUT to non destructive RAW conforming format
(DNG, DPX, etc.)
- Batch Export RAW footage between IN/OUT to destructive digital intermediate format
(Quicktime Prores444, AVI DNxHD, Image Sequence, etc.)
- Batch Export RAW footage between IN/OUT to destructive proxy format
(Quicktime Prores422 (proxy), Quicktime/AVI MJPEG, etc.)