Friday, November 27, 2009


Hey folks,
on Wednesday I tested with two friends the Red one against the 5dmk2. We used a gray scale gamma chart, a color chart and we did a low light test with candles.

We tried to make it as fair as possible, so we kept both cameras always on the same white-balance, f /T stop, and ISO.
We used the "super flat" picture style on the 5dmk2. The Red was set to 4k 16/9 redcode28. We used the Optimo 28-76 on the red, and the 50 and 100 carl zeiss ZF on the 5dmk2, with equivalent T and f stop but with different focal lengths to get the same frame.

It was a very interesting comparision!
I hope that Ill be able to present the results to you by next week. Stay tuned! In the meantime you check some screengrabs out here!
P.s. we are also reediting a new version of the 5dmk2 against 35mm comparision with some still grabs.
P.p.s Let me know if there is anything you want me to test for you! (yeah I know D21 comes into mind, I´ll try my best ;) )

-> cinema5d thread
-> picasa link to screengrabs

Posted by
Categories: Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

 
>