Saturday, October 24, 2009


Hi there,
if you remember my earlier blog posts, then you will know that I have produced a short film on 35mm that we shot just for the sake of our curiosity in parallel with the Canon 5dmk2. It became an interesting comparison between the Canon 5dmk2 and Arriflex ST with the new Kodak Vision3 250D. Even though highly unscientific and just for fun. I have it finally online:

5DMK2 vs 35mm 3perf Kodak V3 250D from Olivier Koos on Vimeo.


I'll try to upload a better version by next week. The 5dmk2 was ungraded and the 35mm 1080DI got a lot of grading.

We used only Zeiss ZF lenses on the 5dmk2 and Ultra Primes (Zeiss) on the Arriflex ST.
I hope you'll like it :) Please keep in mind that it was shot in the worst imaginable condition; rainy day (supposed to be sunny), a ridiculous budget (2k Euro), with one single reel of 35mm film (122m Kodak vision3 250d), one shot one take. Here are some impressions from the set:

Some impressions of the Gänseblümchen shoot from Olivier Koos on Vimeo.

Posted by
Categories: Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this very interesting comparison. It would have been great to see the clip in splitscreen or take-by-take comparison to better judge the differences between the 2 cameras.

Anonymous said...

I'm in a love-hate relationship with digital memory because of the way prices are always,and I domean always falling. I absolutely hate buying SD Cards for my R4 / R4i at (what seems to be) a cheap price only to see it become a whole lot more cheaper a few weeks later.

(Posted on FFV2 for R4i Nintendo DS.)

 
>