I found on Slashcam a very interesting rumor about an upcoming VDLR camera from SONY.
The full sensor VDSL concept with interchangeable lenses (code-named "Alpha 1000") is believed to be released no later then 2011 and it will merge photo and video capabilities "as never before"?!
I really hope they going to employ Sony’s new “Exmor R” back illuminated CMOS sensor technology to improve shooting in low-light scenarios, enhancing image clarity and drastically reducing grain. (-> read more about it here)
2011 is still far away, I would be very surprised if we would not have a full sensor vdslr with 24/25 fps and full resolution hdmi output anyway on the market at that time.
Other Sony rumors (Sony 2010 roadmap):
- -CES, Las Vegas, January 7-10 2010: Sony A950 to be announced (32 MP sensor, no video, high ISO).
- -600mm lens to be announced between January and April.
- -NAB, Las Vegas, April 10-15: Sony A1000 (DSLR video camera hybrid, similar to RED).
- -A cheap Sony A150 without built-in AF motor is expected.
- -Fotokina, September 8-10: Sony A820 (32 MP sensor, smaller body, SD card, video mode, built-in flash, simplified viewfinder).