check out the newest version of the new open source Magic Lantern firmware hack from Trammell Hudson for the 5dMK2.
It gives you:
* Onscreen stereo audio meters
* Full-time cropmarks for 16:9, 2.35:1 and 4:3
* Zebra stripes for overexposed regions
* Fixed audio gain (+10 dB analog, +12 dB digital) with -NO AGC-
* Manual audio level controls
* Live headphone monitoring on A/V jack (without disabling LCD)
* printf() to the bitmap display
* GUI event viewer (press Picture Style button)
* Possibly messing up your nice camera
Hopefully he will come up with a hack to provide us with 24/25 fps.
Keep up the good work Hudson! :)
magic lantern wiki